Monday, November 16, 2009

On Relationships

Lately, I feel like I'm being bombarded with relationship drama. And guess what, I'm not even in one. Haven't been for 3 years. It took me a year and a half to be completely content with being single. And this past year and a half has been so good. My relationship with God has grown stronger because I let him fill that void where a boyfriend used to be and I've been able to completely embrace my life with just me and my friends and my family. And it's been good. And this past week a couple of my really close friends have been having major relationship drama. I've been there and I've done that and I'm thankful for two things.

The first is that I'm thankful that I was able to realize that being single is okay. And that God is the true love of my life. And that he is by far the best guy ever.

The second is that I'm thankful for my most recent relationship. I hear about how some guys are in relationships, and about relationships in general and I'm able to look back and think, wow, that guy was a really great guy. I'm thankful that I'm able to have a certain standard (regardless, it's a pretty high standard) for guys, but I'm glad that I've been able to keep it and not stoop to a lower level. The guy that I dated most recently was an awesome man of God, he led our relationship in every way possible and he was the greatest friend that I could ever ask for. And I'm so thankful for that. Whoever I date in the future has some big shoes to fill.

I'm not sure if anything that I wrote just made sense. The main point is that I'm thankful for where I'm at in life and for the people that God has placed in my life.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment