Wednesday, November 18, 2009

At Home In A House of Boys


Currently I'm seating on a very plush, comfy couch avoiding my 8 page "Who Is Jesus in the book of Matthew" paper that is staring at me. I am at my friend Aaron's house. I feel guilty for telling this, but here's how I got here: First, Aaron has a very open door policy which is nice. Second, Our Bible Study met at our house tonight (my room mate Kasey is also in my Bible Study), but I needed to write this paper and get some work done. I didn't want to be in my room in the same house that my Bible Study was taking place in though-I just felt weird about that. So I called Aaron and asked if I could do homework at his casa. Of course his answer was "yes." So here I am. Aaron is working on a project with someone in his room and his other two room mates are in the family room watching a movie. And I'm in the den getting a lot accomplished as long as I stay off of facebook, My Life is Average and now, Blogger. I've gotten 3 pages done in the last 3 hours. Problem an hour and a half of that was spent on facebook and MLIA though.

But here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that I love my room mates They're the absolute best. I love all of the silliness that we have, the prank phone calls that we make, the meals that we cook and the memories that we make. But, there's something that I love about being in a house of boys. I realize that this sounds really weird. I think it comforts me a little bit though. I only have brothers. My cousins who are closest to my age and in California are boys. I just feel like I've grown up surrounded by boys. So here I sit, no one around me, but the sounds of boys laughing at a stupid movie puts a smile on my face. Why? Because I can picture Caleb and Noah sitting in the living room watching a dumb show and laughing about it. Some days I feel right at home sitting here in the house full of boys. And other days it just makes me wish for a little brotherly love from Austin, Caleb and Noah.

Right now, I feel right at home in this house of boys, but I'm looking forward to seeing my brothers and cousins for Thanksgiving next week! I should probably get back to that paper now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment