Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So Cal, Where Art Thou?

Things I miss about SoCal:

1. Beach
2. Fashion

The beach is an obvious one. I remember the days when we would go to Huntington to do our homework. Would we actually get homework done? Not usually. We had fun though.

Fashion. Gosh, I miss how people dress in SoCal. It's hard to describe. In fact, I don't think I can describe it. I can just see it in my head and I miss it. I don't feel like I can dress like that in Fresno anymore...I almost have to dumb my clothing style down a little bit.

Case-in-point: Today I went to a place called Plato's Closet in Fresno to try and sell some of my clothes. Plato's Closet is kind of like an upper-end thrift store. I used to go to a place similar to this in Fullerton called Buffalo Exchange. I got so many clothes from there - it was awesome. Cute, brand names at sweet prices. So, I went to Plato's Closet today expecting something similar...I should've known better.

Plato's Closet was living proof that Fresno is not quite up to speed on clothing trends. (I do need to say that there are a few people who know how to dress.) And of course, Fresno's fashion can be compared more to the Kardashian sisters, while SoCal fashion is more, eh, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen-ish. That's not giving it justice, I'm sorry. But it's the best I can do in my sleepy state of mind right now.

Moral of the story: I miss So Cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment