Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Family

This will be quick because I am a busy girl...BUT a recent conversation with a friend of mine inspired me to write this post.

I'm really close to my family. I tell people that when I meet them, and they will either respond with "I'm not" or "Yeah, I totally got ya...I am too." If they respond with the latter of the two (I think I spelled 'latter' incorrectly...) then I smile and nod and assume that they have no idea just how close my family is. My family is everything to me. My mom is my best friend, my dad is my ultimate security and my brothers...well, I can't live without them. Then we have my cousins...if I'm home and my cousins are home, I guarantee you that I'll be hanging out with them and I assure you that we'll have a great time. We love hanging out with our grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles. Hardly anything makes me happier than an event at Grandma's house. My family is more like a super tight knit group of friends. It's filled with unconditional love, goofiness and a foundation that's firmly built on God. I think that's why my family is so solid...we're going off of generations of people who loved the Lord and chose to build their families on Him.

Make fun of me if you'd like. Shake your head at me and try to figure out why I like to spend time with my family so much. I can't really explain it. You just have to experience a day with my family and maybe you'll understand. I'm thankful for my family though and no one can ever replace them. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment