Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Does That Make Me Crazy?

I think I have one every Tuesday night. And every Thursday.

Tuesday night anxiety attacks are related to the overwhelmed feeling that I get when I attend class for various reasons. The first possible reason is that people always talk about credentialing programs and getting into it. Prior to applying to a credentialing program, one must pass the CBEST and 3 CSET's...all standardized tests, mind you. I HATE standardized tests. On top of that I just have to keep thinking about that fact that I still have 18-24 months left of schooling once I graduate with my BA...to barely get paid anything for the amount of work that I'll be doing. If my anxious feeling isn't related to credentialing, then it's probably because of the fact that this accelerated program has a ton of at home/do-on-your-own work. It can be done and once I get home and start doing the work, it's not that bad. But when we're going over what needs to be done....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thursday (day) anxiety attacks are because I realize that it's already Thursday, which means the week is almost over, which means the month is almost over, which means I'm almost graduated, which means I need to figure out my life, etc....dramatic? Yes, absolutely. But without fail, I always have a Thursday "freak out" as my "old" roommate, Lindsey would call them.

Do I REALLY have anxiety attacks? No, probably not. Do I totally over think things and mildly freak out? Ohhhhh yes. And today is Tuesday, and I just recovered from being stressed over both credentialing and the work load tonight. So fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment