Monday, May 2, 2011

In The Light


I'm not sure if this post will make a ton of sense. It's currently 3 minutes until 1 am and I'm going off of very little sleep from the past 3 days. My roommates and I moved this weekend...and moving is a lot more work than I remember!

Here I am though, laying in bed...wide awake. Why? Well, if you know me well, then you know that I have a fear of the dark. I've been scared of the dark since I was about 4 years old. I think I watched a show with Frankenstein when was 4 and thus began the sleepless nights. I'm 21 and I can't say that a ton has changed. I hate it when I my roommates are all gone and I'm stuck at home alone. I just flat out, hate the dark.

In this new house, my room is not quite as close to all of the other bedrooms as I would like it to be, so I'm having a tough time sleeping. As I was laying here, I started to think about how I just wish it was light. All I want at this moment is to be living in the light. In the light, I feel safe and secure. And then my bumbling mind switched gears and put the "light" concept into perspective for me.

What if I treated the metaphoric "light," also known as God, the same way that I treat daylight or room lights? What if I craved to be in God as much as I crave being in literal light? I feel like my life would look a little bit different. I try my best to let my light shine for God, but if I went after God with as much gusto as I do toward lit places, then I'd be on fire for Him. Just some thoughts.

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment