Saturday, July 4, 2009

Costa Rica


I leave for Costa Rica tomorrow! Well, my team and I will be driving down to LA tomorrow and then we will be flying out of LAX on Monday morning. I got my assignment from Students International and I will be working at an Education sight in Los Guidos. The picture above is a picture of a street in Los Guidos. Things that are involved in "Education" are tutoring kids, helping with VBS and teaching English to classes. My other team members got assigned to either Education, Social Work or Construction. Pray for us as we leave to minister to the people of Costa Rica. Also, pray for the kids that I will be working with-pray that their hearts may be opened to God's Word and that I may be a shining light for Him. Also, pray that no one gets sick from our team :) I've heard quite a few food poisoning stories from friends who have mission-tripped it and it's enough to make me cautious. If something happens though, I'm loaded with meds! I'm praying for a great trip, and I know that if I just leave it up to God, it will be because this trip is for Him. I felt called to do this trip and everything has lined up up to this point, and I know that He is in control. I'd better finish packing up my stuff and then head to bed. It's getting too close to midnight! If I can update while I'm there, then I will. But if not, I'll be updating you all on July 19!

1 comment:

  1. Briana, I hope you have a great trip--you will be in our prayers. Sharon

    ReplyDelete