Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two Years Seems Like A Long Time


Two years ago, I graduated from high school. Two years ago I was dating a sophomore in high school. Two years ago, I felt like the next two years would take forever to happen. Two years later, it finally happened. The graduation of the class of 2009. (We're just friends now, by the way.) My main point is this: time flies. Holy cow, time flies. As I sat in First Assembly of God this afternoon watching the class of 2009 toss their caps up in the air, high school memories and visions of my graduation popped back into my mind. I remembered how much I wanted to be liked by the upper-classmen girls. I remembered how much I cared about my image. I remembered how I couldn't image life beyond high school-high school was life. And now I look at where I'm at today and how much times have changed. I hardly (if ever) see any of those upper-classmen girls whom I so badly wanted to like me. Of course, I still care about my image, but I'm pretty content with no make-up and not-getting-ready-at-all-days now. I realize now that there is life beyond high school (who would've ever thought?!). It's just weird. It's weird because that stage of my life is closed. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't at all. It's weird to know that someday this stage of life will be over, as well. Because I view life currently the same as I did when I was in high school: it'll never be any different. But someday it will be. Someday. This is kind of just a rambling of thoughts. Anyway, so many of my friends are home for the summer and I love it!!! Best life ever!

On Friday night I went to Traver with my family and friends. My family discovered Bravo Farms there (cheese place and restaurant) and we just LOVE IT! It's such a fun atmosphere with great food and friendly staff. That was super fun. There was 19 of us-which is always great. The more the merrier!



Today was my last city league volleyball game. I was a coach with Brelle and Jessica. It was an enjoyable experience-better than the first year that I coached city league. One of the moms owns a boutique and blings out things such as license plate frames and cups, etc. SOOOO for our thank you gift we got a blinged-out Bubba Keg. Brelle, Jess and I have been eyeing those since we saw them! So we were pretty stoked about that.



Sheesh, I'm tired. Nighty night.

B

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brianna! Welcome to the blogging world! I enjoyed your most recent post. I will have graduated 20 yrs. ago this month and it doesn't seem that far away! You are growing to be a beautiful person, inside and out. Thanks for all that you do for our church. You will be missed, but I will enjoy seeing how God works in your life this summer in Costa Rica. I hope you can keep publishing your blog there.

    ReplyDelete