Sunday, May 10, 2009

For Such a Time As This

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family with perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" -Esther 4:14

I can honestly say that when I was younger, I never imagined that I would be where I am today. I never thought that I would be working as the Worship Director (organizer? substitute? I'm not really sure what I am.) at my church. I never thought I'd be living at home in Visalia at 20 years old. I never thought I'd be a city league volleyball coach for young girls. But here's the thing...God has called me to all of these things. I'm planning on going on a mission trip to Costa Rica in July. My team is composed of all girls, and you know what? I think God has purpose and reason in that. God put on my heart for me to come back home so that I could be closer to my family, especially my brothers so that I don't miss things about them growing up. He called me back home so that I could help out at the Calf Ranch and at church.

He called me to help out with worship at church. Why? I have no idea. Many days...many days I ask myself "what were you thinking accepting this job? Just quit now." This verse is a constant reminder that though I may not know why I have to put up with complaints and business, God has called me to this royal position in this moment in time. It's not going to be easy. It for sure wasn't easy for Esther. She put herself on the line for her people, but God gave her that higher calling. Although choosing to move back home or accepting a sometimes difficult job isn't nearly as crazy as Esther's decision of putting her life on the line, God calls each and every one of us to different lifestyles, occupations and places for his good and perfect timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment