Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chasing Passion

Let's face it...sometimes we all need something to take our mind off of other things. Whether it be boys, girls, school, stressful home life, etc. - we all need something to distract us from emptiness, brokenness, stressfulness, you name it. Lately, for me, I have needed something to take up my time. I am the type of person who always needs to be doing something and if I am not constantly busy then I tend to get lost in my thoughts (always a bad thing) and I become very anxious.

I don't have homework this semester to occupy myself so I have been trying to make a point to work out enough to exhaust myself so that I am able to fall asleep at night. On top of that, I have been doing craft projects to keep myself busy. The craft projects are fun. They're fun because art is something that I am passionate about. As long as I am always involved in something that I love, I don't feel anxious. However, if I ever stop for just a brief moment I find myself worrying about petty things, which is no good. I do not want to be that person. I'm glad that I have found my passion in planning parties, baby showers, crafts and all of that good stuff, but if I stop...I feel empty. Why? Because it will all soon fade away. I want a passion that is eternal.

Obviously, I want to be in love with my Saviour. There's a song called "One Pure and Holy Passion" and I think that it sums up what I'm trying to say. Be sure to listen to it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la9UkseBxwU


And I know that my blogs are wordy, I'm sorry. I don't call this blog "Bri's Bumblings" for nothing. :) I'll try to put less words and more pictures in the upcoming blogs though, for those of you who aren't huge readers! Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment